The tragic death of 29-year-old popular Brazilian influencer Luana Andrade left fans in shock after she suffered four cardiac arrests during liposuction surgery on her knee, a cosmetic procedure that followed complications at a hospital in Sao Paulo. For beginners, body contouring surgery requires a combination of procedures like liposuction or lipolysis to remove fat and if your skin elasticity is poor the surgeon will have to remove excess skin.
There are two types of liposuction procedures – less than five liters and more than five liters – and the former is considered safer, but people who have serious medical illnesses and age-related problems should be treated with extreme caution. Sao Luiz Hospital in Itam Bibi, where Luana Andrade was being treated, revealed in a statement, “The surgery was interrupted and the patient underwent tests which revealed massive thrombosis. He was transferred to the ICU where he received medication and hemodynamic treatment.
Footballer Neymar took to his Instagram handle to pay tribute to his Brazilian influential friend and TV star Luana Andrade after her death, writing, “Sad days with two very bad news. The first attack was Bru’s. [Bruna Biancardi’s] The parents suffered, but thank God everyone is okay! Secondly, the death of a friend. My condolences to the entire family, may God accept Luana with open arms.”
According to reports, Luana Andrade had to undergo hemodynamic treatment, but it did not yield the desired results and she ultimately died. According to health experts, liposuction comes with potential side effects, although most patients experience positive results, some individuals may experience adverse effects, including temporary swelling, bruising, discomfort, infection, scarring, unevenness or Irregular shape, change in skin feel and discoloration of the skin.
Additionally, more serious risks such as deep vein thrombosis, cardiovascular complications or even death, although extremely rare, are important to be aware of, so consider board-certified plastics to fully understand the potential risks and benefits. It is important to consult a surgeon. As well as to determine if liposuction is the right choice based on individual health and aesthetic goals.
Board certified plastic surgeon and director of RG Aesthetics in New Delhi, M.Ch. Dr. Rajat Gupta advises patients to take the following steps to minimize the side effects of the liposuction procedure:
- To ensure that the procedure is performed safely and effectively, choose a qualified and experienced surgeon with extensive experience in liposuction.
- Follow pre-operative and post-operative instructions to prepare for the procedure, which may include avoiding certain medications, fasting, and quitting smoking.
- Wear compression garments after the procedure to reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Adequate rest and recovery time after the procedure can help reduce pain and discomfort.
- stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of fluids after the procedure can help flush out any toxins and reduce the risk of complications.
- Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your plastic surgeon in Delhi to ensure proper treatment and rule out possible complications.